Gabby douglas calls social media critics 'hurtful' when ending Olympic career
Gabby Douglas calls social media critics 'hurtful' when ending Olympic career

Gabby douglas had simply completed the last routine and last post-competition interview of her Olympic career, and her eyes were puddling up with tears when somebody asked her regarding the most recent wave of criticism she had caught back in the U.S.

"I tried to remain off the internet as a result of there is just so a lot of negativity," douglas admitted when asked regarding the stories that went viral when the U.S. won the team competition; the articles recommended she did not exhibit proper decorum on the award stand. "Either it absolutely was regarding my hair or my hand not over my heart [on the honor podium] or I look depressed. ... it absolutely was hurtful. it absolutely was hurtful. It was. it has been kind of a lot to contend with."

Douglas noted "I apologized if I pained anyone" by merely standing at attention instead of repeating her four teammates, who had their hands over their hearts. how ever she still remains a small amount baffled. "I've forever said it absolutely was an honor to represent the U.S. you mostly do that for your country, and then, like individuals say, for yourself and other people."

After douglas thanked everybody in the press area and gave thanks to Madison Kocian, who won the silver medal in the uneven bars competition, she walked down the corridor at Olympic Arena. Then douglas stood in a very corner, facing a wall, and had a decent, long cry.

It was arduous to look at. every now and then, a Team USA employee took a glance at her. Finally, a lady walked over and handed  douglas what appeared to be a kleenex. the lady wrapped an arm around Douglas' shoulder and patted her a couple of times, then left the athlete alone yet again.

In a Reuters story announce Sunday, Douglas' mother, Natalie Hawkins, was more direct, calling what her daughter has been through "bullying."

"What I saw in the stands," Hawkins said, "was somebody who was pain and she was additionally angry. What was looking her head was, 'I'm being attacked for everything I do thus i might as well not do anything. as a result of no matter what I do, i'm being attacked."

"You name it, she got trodden," Hawkins further. "What did she ever do to anyone?

Simone Biles, who won the individual comprehensive trophy in Rio, a similar title Stephen A. Douglas won at the 2012 Olympics, spoke regarding however this team is as close as sisters, and how Stephen Arnold Douglas -- one of her best friends on the team -- was among the primary to congratulate her. Aly Raisman, who won the silver in the same event, said Stephen A. Douglas was among her teammates who spent the morning of the all-around serving to Biles and Raisman prepare, asking them if there was anything they required.

"I love them. ... I continuously supported them," Stephen A. Douglas said Sunday.

It still did not stop the ginned-up criticism. Douglas, who finished seventh within the bars Sunday after qualifying third-best, admitted, "It's been exhausting."

"When I detected some of the comments, i used to be finally like 'Whoa, whoa, whoa, that is far from me and much from my personality at all," Stephen A. Douglas said. "I've been through plenty. A lot. sometimes I sit back and say, 'Wait. What did I do to disrespect people? What have I done to disrespect the USA?'"

"I don't get that part," Stephen A. Douglas said, tearing up once more. "I'm sorry."
Axact

Axact

Vestibulum bibendum felis sit amet dolor auctor molestie. In dignissim eget nibh id dapibus. Fusce et suscipit orci. Aliquam sit amet urna lorem. Duis eu imperdiet nunc, non imperdiet libero.

Post A Comment:

0 comments:

Thank You For Commenting!! Keep Visiting :)